Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Firefox: Foxmarks

A few weeks ago I was playing with the idea of hacking together a script that would painlessly export my current Firefox bookmarks to my USB thumb drive, since occasionally I'll find a bunch of great sites while at work and I would like to be able to return to them when I get home.

After looking into the issue further I discovered a neat plugin called Foxmarks that will act as a bookmark repository and automatically synchronize your bookmarks as you browse. Not only can I forget about the scripting, but I can also leave the USB drive in my backpack for when I really need it.

Foxmarks is especially useful if you're one of the people who constantly switch back and forth between different computers at home, but don't want the hassle of maintaining two sets of bookmarks. In fact, it has become so ingrained in my Firefox usage, it's hard to imagine browsing without it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home